Department Research centre is affiliated to Kerala Technological University (KTU). Faculty of department is approved as the research supervisors of KTU and Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum, Karnataka.
Research scholars can pursue their Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering at CSE Department Research Centre. The objective of the research centre is to achieve a high quality research ambience by (i). creating an enabling environment within CSE department (ii). creating the culture for inter–disciplinary collaborations.
Research centre will ensure publications in quality journals, indexed in SCI/SCIE/Scopus/Web of Science. Centre will Promote industrial collaborations involving active and mutually beneficial R&D projects.
Research Scholars are registered for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) as per the University norms. Centre will provide required support and guidelines to pursue Ph.D under KTU. The research centre coordinates and monitors the progress of the research activities of the research scholars. The research centre also encourages and coordinates consultancy projects and sponsored projects.
Natural Language Processing
Theoretical Computer Science
Discovery, Learning, and Cognition
High Performance Computing
Biometrics and Vision
High Performance Computing Lab
Image Processing/Computer Vision Lab
Interdisciplinary Research Cell
Ph.D Programs Offered
Computer Science & Engineering, under Kerala Technological University (KTU), Kerala
Faculty with Ph.D
Dr. Prasad J C
Dr. Arun Kumar M N
Dr. Jyothish K John
Dr. Paul P Mathai
Dr. Jestin Joy
List of Faculty Pursuing Ph.D
Siyamol Chirakkarottu DNA cryptography on images CUSAT, 2011 Registration
Hema Krishnan Sentiment analysis CUSAT, 2014 Registration
Merin Cherian Malayalam grammar checking CUSAT, 2015 Registration
Divya John Detection of optimal treatment timing in dentofacial orthopaedics CUSAT,2016 Registration
Neenu Johnson Blockchain with IoT : Sustainable solutions for food, farmers and financing in agriculture CUSAT, 2018 Registration
Anitha T Nair Computer aided diagnosis for diabetic retinopathy using machine learning techniques VTU, 2018 Registration
Hansa J Thattil Development of text mining techniques for efficient information retrieval from medical and health data sets KTU, 2019 Registration
1. Dr. Arun Kumar M N, A specific fast digital multiplier system for positive integer multiplication Application number, 201941029660 , 2019 (Applied).
2. Dr. Paul P Mathai, "An automated Methodology and System to Manage the Student Related Information Efficiently", Application No: 202041021480 A, 2020 (Applied)
July 2019 - June 2020
1. Dr. Arun Kumar M N, Pankaj Kumar G, “Terrain Generation From User Text using Cellular Automata”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, Volume 8, Issue-3, September 2019
2. Dr. Arun Kumar M N, “Ocean Surface Features Extraction using Morphological Techniques from Sentinel-1A Data”, Volume 5, Issue
3. Babu, Ierin, RV Siva Balan, and Paul P. Mathai. "Machine Learning approaches used for prediction in diverse fields." IJRTE ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8 Issue-2S4, July 2019 ISSN: 2277-3878 8.2S4 (2019).
4. Paul P Mathai, “SasyaSneha – An Approach for Plant Leaf Disease Detection”, World Academy of Research in Science and Engineering, Volume 8, Issue 5
5. Paul P Mathai, “An enhanced fusion based region selection of co-salient detection”, International Journal of Advance Research and Innovative Ideas in Education, Volume 6, Issue 3
6. Hema Krishnan, “Sentiment analysis of product reviews using weighted distance-based whale optimization assisted deep belief network”, International journal of business information systems (inderscience).
7. Chirakkarottu, Siyamol, and Sheena Mathew. "A novel encryption method for medical images using 2D Zaslavski map and DNA cryptography." SN Applied Sciences 2.1 (2020): 1.
8. Chirakkarottu, Siyamol, and Sheena Mathew. "A Novel Secure and Robust encryption scheme for medical images." Current medical imaging (2020).
9. Jestin Joy, Kannan Balakrishnan, and M. Sreeraj. "SiLearn: an intelligent sign vocabulary learning tool." Journal of Enabling Technologies (2019).
1. Dr. Arun Kumar M N, Pankaj Kumar G, "CloudStore: A Framework for Developing Progressive Streaming Games." Intelligence in Big Data Technologies—Beyond the Hype. Springer, Singapore, 2020. 291-296.
2. Dr. Arun Kumar M N, “Extraction of Layered Information from Satellite Image”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology, Malabar Institute of Technology, Kannur.
3. Pankaj Kumar G, “Segmented Keyframe Extraction”, National Conference on Communication Systems(NCOCS - 2019), National Institute of Technology Puducherry.
4. Abijith, Pradeep, Pankaj Kumar G, et al., "Intelligent Cloud Load Balancing Using Elephant Herd Optimization." Intelligence in Big Data Technologies—Beyond the Hype. Springer, Singapore, 2020. 267-273.
5. Jayaraj, Jerin, Pankaj Kumar G, et al. "Re-Ranking ODI Batsman Using JJ Metric." Intelligence in Big Data Technologies—Beyond the Hype. Springer, Singapore, 2020. 259-266.
6. Abijith, Pradeep, Pankaj Kumar G, et al., et al. "Intelligent Cloud Load Balancing Using Elephant Herd Optimization." Intelligence in Big Data Technologies—Beyond the Hype. Springer, Singapore, 2020. 267-273.
7. Pankaj Kumar G, “Youtube Comment Based Video Ranking System”, International Conference on Digital Technologies and Transformation in Academic Libraries, National Institute of Technology Karnataka
8. Pankaj Kumar G, “Removing Sensitive Private Medias Files From Web Using Block-Chain Technology”, National Conference on Blockchain and Smart Contract Technologies (BSCT-2019), National Institute of Technology Trichy
9. Babu, Ierin, RV Siva Balan, and Paul P. Mathai. "Envisaging the Academic Performance of Students." 2019 International Conference on Computing, Communication, and Intelligent Systems (ICCCIS). IEEE, 2019.
10. Sreeraj, M., Jestin Joy, et al. "VIZIYON: Assistive handheld device for visually challenged." Procedia Computer Science 171 (2020): 2486-2492.
11. Sreeraj, M., Jestin Joy, et al. "CLadron*: AI assisted device for identifying artificially ripened climacteric fruits." Procedia Computer Science 171 (2020): 635-643.