Department of Computer Science & Engineering was established in the year 2002. Annual intake of students for M.Tech (CSIS) is with 24 seats and &B.Tech (CSE) course is 120. The department has competent and committed faculty which encourages students` involvement in various co-curricular activities along with their academics. Computer Science students consistently bagged ranks in the MG University Examination with First and Third ranks in 2015 for theM.Tech program . A large number of students from our department get placed every year in national and multinational companies with 90 placement offers till date for the current batch. The department also takes initiative for the conduct of various inter/intra collegiate competitions to improve the skills of the students. The students are also provided finest opportunities to join various professional societies like IEEE, CSI, FFSF etc. The department has organized programmes like ICE-FOSS` in association with FISAT Free Software cell, and four International Conference on Advanced Computing & Communication Technologies.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering is doing exceedingly well in the fields of higher technical education, research and industrial consultancy. The department officially launched an Incubation centre and an Industry institute Partnership cell in FISAT in collaboration with leading IT companies and professionals. CSE Department as part of its efforts to add value to our students and provide support to the student and faculty fraternity has entered into an MoU with Oracle Academy to integrate the Oracle Academy’s Advanced Computer Science curriculum. Reubro international signed a MOU to start Incubation centre Activities with FISAT on 8th January 2015.FISAT Chairman Sri.PaulMundadan and ICT Academy CEO Sri.SanthoshKuruphas signed a Memorandum of Understanding on 27th March 2015.Interaction between Institute and the Industry, is widely recognized as an essential requirement for moulding successful entrepreneurs technical savvies. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, FISAT Incubation Centre envisions to provide a platform to the budding student entrepreneurs who have innovative ideas by offering mentoring support and facilitating industrial interactions.
The Department has shown its Social commitment by conducting awareness programme on free and open source software for the public.A hands-on training for Improving Computer Awareness Among Women, was organized by NSS unit, Aluva and the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, FISAT on 31st January 2015.
The department have been continuously hosting MHRD Workshop in association with IIT Bombay and IITKharaghpur for the faculty members inside and outside the college with the most recent workshop on Cyber Security.
CSE department has well equipped computer laboratories with more than 800 systems and a High Performance Computing Centre for research and project activities. CSI student branch has consecutively won the best student branch award for the last three years. CSE Department has High Performance Computing System “DHAKSHINA’ Cluster Series-2 and a Super Computer powered by Tesla (M2090 GPUs) developed in- house.
The department has the latest infrastructure facilities with high speed internet facilities, advanced software labs, hardware labs, seminar halls and class rooms equipped with LCD projector.
To become a Centre of knowledge In Information Technology, inspiring young professionals into becoming updated, innovative contributors to society.
- To foster a curiosity driven approach towards learning, making creative use of knowledge resources.
- To provide value based insights towards moulding technocrats with social commitment and leadership.
Thrust Areas of Research
- Parallel Computing
- String Searching Algorithms
- Pattern Recognition
- Image processing
- High Performance Computing
- Mobile Computing
- 2012- Batch achieved 89% of success.
- National Award for the Best CSI Student Chapter in 2009 , 2010 & 2011.
- TCS Award for Best Student Projects.
- High Performance Computing System `DHAKSHINA` Cluster Series-1& 2 developed in-house.
- Third series of HPC with GPU server installed.
- Won 1st prize in the Science and Technology Exhibition held in connection with the declaration of Complete Electrification of Ernakulam District by Govt. of Kerala.
- MANTRA 2K12, an exhibition of the projects of the outgoing students of CSE Dept. was held.
- ICEFOSS`14, a conference on FREE OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE was organized by Fisat Free Software Cell of the Computer Science Dept.
- CSE Dept. distributed certificate for the computer literacy programme named “IT VISION 2012” for the society, in assosiation with MAS Club, Mookkannoor.
- FISAT is the only engineering college in Kerala to have its own Super Computer.
- Dhakshina Research Lab listed in "Debian Users list".
- Consultancy services in HPCC, Library Management Software `Koha`, and Digital Library software DSpace offered.
- Three FDPs conducted for all CSE Staff members by CHPC.
- Mathrubhumi published a special article about CSE department in May 2013.
- FISAT students have developed an Android Application for bettering the Tablet which submitted to IIT Bombay.
- Mozilla club was inaugurated on 4th April 2014 by Mr.PaulMundadan, chairman, FISAT with a goal to spread awareness about Mozilla Firefox and its products.
- ACM Student Chapter and NPTEL Study Centre launched in 2016.
- Raghav, s7 won first prize paper presentation at MA college on 19th Sept 2014.
- MuhammedFarhan, VaisakhSasikumar, NadishShajahan, Jyojith George attended a workshop of “Developing apps for Android Wearables” at Startup Village on 11th October 2014 Saturday organized by Google Developer Group, Cochin.
- Navaneeth s3 cse b Won Android Appddeveliopment s3 cs b, at Ilahia, rajagiri and in odd sem 2014.
- Raghave won district level Federal bank speech competition on Dec 2014.
- HarshithaRao participated in the Debate competitions of British parliamentary style debate competition and reached the final stage on Feb 14th 2015.
- KJ Gopika won a firefox smartphone during Hackergirls program at FISAT.
- S4 students represented FISAT at GOOGLE APPDAYS at Startup village.
- Navneeth PK won Android Development competition in several colleges.
- Startup Mobio global from Navneeth PK got recognized as best startup product in Tata First Dot Jury Choice National Competition.
- Misha Abraham represented FISAT in national level table tennis tournament.
- Navneeth PK got appointed as the Webmaster of IEEE FISAT SB.
- Jyojith George Thaliath got appointed as the Vice Chairperson of computer society,IEEE FISAT SB.
- Rahul Arun has got a chance to participate for MODEL UN Debate held at MA college.
- Rahul Arun had also won the 2nd prize for literary quiz held at DIST college.
- Mohammed Farhan got recognized by LEAF KERALA(High Court Association) as best web designer.
- B.Tech student Mr.RaghaveSwaminathan presented a paper in the 6th International Conference on 'Next Generation DNA led Technologies in Dec 2014 at Hyderabad.
- Anil P Joseph (s6 CS A) won–State Level Sub Junior Judo Champianship this year.
- Adam Shamsudeen and JissRaphel of s4 CS A secured First position as the best IT team during the 'Laqshya2014' at NypunyaIstitute of management and technology.
- Mohammed Farhan, s4 CS B got recognized by LEAF KERALA(High Court Association) as best web designer.
- Vishakha Kohna s7 CSE Student, won The Richard E Merwin Scholarship - an award based in academic excellence and potential for strong leadership, as one of 18 Merwin winners around the world.