The Travancore Federal Bank Limited, Nedumpuram, was established on April 23, 1931, under the Travancore Companies Regulation, 1916, and renamed The Federal Bank Limited in December 1949, under the leadership of Late K.P. Hormis, who took over in 1945. The bank was one of the first in India to digitalize all of its 1200 branches, putting it ahead of traditional Indian banks in terms of leveraging technology to improve operations.
The Federal Institute of Science and Technology is run by the Federal Bank Officers’ Association Educational Society (FBOAES), a project of the Federal Bank Officers Association (FBOA) (FISAT). Since the college’s inception in 2002, the bank has been a significant supporter.
On July 3, 2010, the Bank dedicated its 700th branch at the FISAT Campus. Hormis Nagar is named after the late K.P. Hormis, the visionary banker and founder of Federal Bank. The campus was designated as Federal Bank’s first ‘Yuvamitra’ Campus.
In addition to the ATM near the bank branch, Federal Bank has installed an additional ATM facility on campus for the convenience of students and staff.
Federal Bank Hormis Nagar Branch
|Federal bank ATM (inside the campus)||Federal bank ATM (in front of the campus)|