Major Events Organized during April 2022-July 2022
- Two-day National Webinar on “Emerging Trends in Energy Applications
The Department of Science and Humanities, FISAT organized a Two-day National Webinar on “Emerging Trends in Energy Applications “on 28th and 29th of April 2022,
Day 1: Dr. Anuradha M. Ashok, Associate Professor in Physics, PSG Institute of Advanced Studies, Coimbatore. Topic : ” Waste heat recovery and clean energy generation through thermoelectrics”
Day 2: Dr. P. Biji, Associate Professor in Nanotechnology and Chemistry, PSG Institute of Advanced Studies, Coimbatore. Topic : “Nanotechnology enabled Self-cleaning Coatings for Solar Panels”
- SHINOY GEORGE MEMORIAL LECTURE on 1st June 2022
MATHS CLUB, FISAT conducted SHINOY GEORGE MEMORIAL LECTURE on 1st June 2022. Mr.Sumod Mohan ,Co-founder & C.E.O of Stealth Startup Auto Infer Pvt Limited was the invited speaker.
Major Events Organized during August 2021-March 2022
- P V Mathew Memorial Inter- Departmental Mathematics Quiz competition on 26 February 2021
MATHS CLUB , FISAT conducted Inter- Departmental Mathematics Quiz competition for P V Mathew Memorial Trophy on 26 February 2021. The quiz was conducted in online mode. The winners as follows :
First Prize- Ryan Abraham S5 EE
Second Prize :Shemin Majeed S3 CE B
Third Prize : Dreama Paul S1 CSE A
- National Webinar on Intellectual Property Rights
The Department of Science and Humanities in association with IQAC, FISAT had organized a national webinar on Intellectual property Rights (IPR) on 25th April, 2021 at 7.00-8.00pm. The resource person was Dr.Nardaran Thiruthy, Technical Officer, IPR, National Biodiversity Authority (NBA), Govt. Of India. Almost 157 participants attended the webinar. The faculties and students were the participants. E-certificates were provided to all the participants who had submitted the feedback form.
- Two-day International Webinar on 24th and 25th September 2021.
The resource persons – Dr. Aby CP, Scientific Researcher, Palacky University, Czech Republic & Dr. A B Sreebha, Head of the department of Physics, Sreesankara College, Kilimanoor
- Two-day National webinar ‘Linear Algebra And Its Applications’ on 19th & 20th November 2021
The resource person- Prof. R Vittal Rao , Former Professor of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science , Bangalore
- Two day National Webinar on 26th and 27th of November 2021
The resource persons – Dr. V.K. Karthika, Assistant Professor of English, NIT Trichy & Dr. Baalaganapati Devarakonda, Professor of Philosophy, Delhi University
- The “Inter-departmental Mathematics Quiz Competition for P.V.Mathew Memorial Trophy on 14th December 2021 to honour the memory of Adv Sri P. V. Mathew, founder chairman of FISAT
First Prize-Abhinav H, Aravind M.A [S1 MCA]
Second Prize-Eby Kurian ,Akshay K [S3 CSE A]
Third prize-Abhishek M.K, Arshia Asok(S3 CSE A))
- Webinar series as a part of National mathematics day celebrations on 15th December, 2021 & 19th January 2022.
The resource persons : Dr. Sunil Mathew, Assistant Professor ofMathematics, NIT Calicut & Dr. Raju K George, OutstandingProfessorand Dean of Indian Institute ofSpace Science andTechnology, TVM
Major Events Organized during 2020
- SHINOY GEORGE MEMORIAL LECTURE on 22nd March 2020
MATHS CLUB , FISAT conducted SHINOY GEORGE MEMORIAL LECTURE on 22nd March 2020. Dr. Bobby P Mathew , Asst. Professor, St.Thomas College , Pala was the invited speaker.
- 2-day International webinar on “ EMERGING TRENDS IN THE FIELD OF SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES” on 16-17 october 2020
The 2- day webinar consists of 5 sessions. Dr. K S Nisar, Prof. Dept. of Mathematics, Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz, Dr.BhaminiIyer , Prof. of Mathematics, Morgan State University, USA, Dr. Rangarajan Gopalakrishnan , Prof. Rajagiri Business School, Kakkanad, Dr. Aby C P , Scientific Researcher , Palacky University, Czech Republic, Dr.Vinu T P Asst. Professor , Dept of Physics, NSS College , Changanassery were the resource persons. More than 200 faculty members participated in the webinar. The webinar was conducted in online mode.
- ‘Ramanujan Smriti’, Lecture on National Mathematics Day ( December 22, 2020)
MATHS CLUB , FISAT celebrated National Mathematics Day, the occasion of remembering the Greatest Mathematical Genius of our country, Sri Srinivasa Ramanujan on December 22, 2020. The event entitled Ramanujan Smriti was a lecture by an alumnus of FISAT, Mr. Renjith Prasad who was also the former MATHS CLUB secretary.’
Major Events Organized during 2019
- A One Day Workshop On BASICS OF MATLAB
A One Day Workshop On BASICS OF MATLAB jointly organized by Department of Science and Humanities and Maths Club FISAT was conducted on 12 December 2019.