Faculty Achievements during academic year 2021-22
- Design of the proposed AAC device under the guidance of Noble G was accepted on 14th July 2021 by the NISH team and received sanction to proceed further with the product.
- Financial assistance of 10000 recommended by KSCSTE for the project “Hospital Sanitizing Robot” proposed by Akshaya Jayan, Eldho Lalu,Fousiya P Manaf,Gowri Prasad of S7 ECE A under the guidance of Mr. Anoop E G and Mr. Noble G
- Financial assistance of 10000 recommended by KSCSTE for the project “Face mask Detection System” proposed by Ivin Jose,Abhai Varghese, Ashik Shaju, Anand M S of S7 ECE A under the guidance of Mr. Anoop E G and Mr. Noble G.
- Financial assistance of 10000 recommended by KSCSTE for the project” Contactless UI control for lifts” proposed by Job Sajan John,Kiran Jayram,Sharath K,Roshith Roy of S7 ECE A under the guidance of Ms. Manju C P and Mr.Manu Mohan C M.
- Ms. Christy Jose was selected as NPTEL domain scholar on 14/12/21
- NPTEL Mentorship certificate (5 students successfully completed NPTEL course Patent Drafting for Beginners) was awarded to Ms. Christy Jose.
- The Project titled “Smart soldering iron” proposed by Paul Sabu, Prajeesh R, Praveena Meembat,parvathy venugopal,Nitha Backer of S8 ECE B under the guidance of Mr Noble Gwas selected for the Idea development grant of Rs 1 lakh by kerala startup mission
- Project titled ‘Sign language to Speech converter’ proposed by Joheon C P, Joseph Paul, Linto Thomas, Rajeev K R, Linto Thoma B under the guidance of Mr Manu Mohan C M secured financial assistant of INR 16500 under the CERD scheme
- Ms. Aiswariya Raj, Asst. Prof ECE was the resource person for the online workshop on Digital Image Processing using Python organised by ECSA under the School of Engineering, CUSAT on 5th and 6th of October, 2021
- Mr Basil K Jeemon was the Resource person for a talk on “Coordinate systems” based on the subject ‘Electromagnetic theory ‘ for third year students of EEE department on 06-05-22
- Ms. Ambili A. R. Got Selection as KTU External Auditor on 16/05/2022
- Ms Sreelekshmy S was the Resource person for a talk on “Hardware Modeling Uisng Verilog ‘ for first year students of MCA department on 27-01-22
Faculty Achievements during academic year 2020-21
- Appreciation letter was handed over to FISAT by ASAP (Additional Skill Acquisition Programme), Higher Education Department, Govt. of Kerala, for designing and developing an online portal for ASAP placement drive ASPIRE. IEEE FISAT SB developed a dynamic automated software to coordinate the placement activities for all graduates, postgraduates and diploma engineering students. The program named ‘Aspire’ is an initiative of ASAP and Higher Education Department, Kerala Govt., to provide quality placement and internships. FISAT got an opportunity to associate with this project.
- Anoop E G, Asst. Prof, ECE completed RPA developer certification programme conducted by ASAP. It included a 1-week online workshop and 13 online Robotic process courses and an online assessment. As he has become a certified RPA professional, the ECE department can run the RPA courses for our students.
- Dr Mini P R, Professor & HoD, ECE got selected as a member of KTU Board of studies.
- The faculty of ECE has attended around 120 FDPs and workshops during the academic year 2020-21. This, in turn, helps teachers guide students in areas where they have developed expertise. The chart shown below illustrates the trending topics and the percentage share of faculty attended.
Faculty achievements during academic year 2019-20
- Sheelu Susan Mathews, Asst. Prof, ECE dept, was ranked 3rd in NPTEL online certification exam for the subject “Synthesis of digital systems” with a consolidated score of 88%. The course was coordinated by IIT Madras.
- Ms. Vinitha V and Mr. Bejoy Varghese , Asst. Professors of ECE department, conducted online classes for students of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University and received excellent feedback. Ms. Vinitha V taught the subject “VLSI (EC304)“ for 6th semester students and Mr. Bejoy Varghese taught the subject “Computer Organization (EC206)” for 4th Semester students of ECE, KTU.
Faculty achievements during academic year 2018-19
- Dr. Anil Kumar M N was approved as a research guide by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University.
- Ms. Dhanya S and Ms. Subha Thomas was ranked among the top 1% in NPTEL certification course on “Teaching and learning in engineering”.
- Ms. Christy Jose, Asst. Prof. ECE was ranked among the top 1% in NPTEL certification course on “Ethics in Engineering practice” and selected as the top performer in the FDP on “Mentoring educators in Educational Technology” conducted by IIT Bombay.
- Ms. Aiswariya Raj and Ms. Manju C P were ranked among the top 5% in NPTEL certification course on “Teaching and learning in engineering”.
- Ms. Deepa N R , Asst. Prof., ECE , selected as the top performer in the FDP on “Mentoring educators in Educational Technology” conducted by IIT Bombay.
- Ms. Ambily A R, Asst. Prof., ECE , secured 2nd rank in Ph.D entrance examination and started Ph.D programme in APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
- During the academic year 2018-19, 26 faculty participated in various FDPs/STTPs and 18 faculty successfully completed NPTEL courses.
Faculty achievements during academic year 2017-18
- Ms Sheelu Susan Mathews , Asst. Prof, ECE ranked among Top 1% of Candidates in All India level For NPTEL Online Course on Introduction to IoT conducted by IITs.
- Ms. Deepa N R, Assistant Professor, ECE, placed among the top 5% in All India level NPTEL Certification course on Basic Electronics conducted by IITs.
- Ms. Jeslin P Jo, Assistant Professor, ECE ranked among top 5% of candidates in NPTEL certification course on “Effective engineering teaching in practice”.