Dr. Jyothish K. John is presently working as a Professor and Head in the department of Computer Science and Engineering. He earned Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in 2003 from M.S. University, Master’s in Computer Science and Engineering in 2007 from Karunya University in Coimbatore, and Ph.D. in 2018 from the Noorul Islam Centre for Higher Education. He joined FISAT in June 2004. His research interests pertain to the areas of Computer Networks, Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing. Dr. Jyothish K. John has published more than 18 research papers in various International journals and conferences. He has also been granted a patent. He has 19 years of teaching experience. He is a resource person and has handled expert classes and workshops in the areas of Cloud Computing, Network Simulators and Distributed Computing. He has attended more than 15 workshops and conferences. Dr. Jyothish K. John is a Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner. He has served as a reviewer for International journals and as a session chair for prestigious international conferences. He has organised 3 International conferences. The institution has recognised his contribution by Presenting ‘Best Teacher Award’ in 2016.
- Jyothish K John , “Shrew Attack Prevention in RED Queue with Partial Flow Analysis”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 67– No.8, April 2013
- Jyothish K John, “Survey of Low-rate Denial of Service (LDoS) attack on RED and its counter strategies” , 2012 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence & Computing Research (ICCIC) Date 18-20 Dec. 2012(IEEE Explore)
- Jyothish K John, “A Survey of Key Pre-Distribution Schemes in Wireless Sensor Networks”, IJSRD – International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 1, Issue 2, 2013 | ISSN (online): 2321-0613.
- Jyothish K John, “A Survey of Techniques Used To Detect Selfish Nodes in MANET “,IJSRD – International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 1, Issue 4, 2013 | ISSN (online): 2321-0613
- Jyothish K John ,”Facial Expression Recognition using PCA and texture based LDN descriptor”, Springer Series- Advances in Intelligent System and Computing 2194-5357, International Conference Soft Computing System, ICSCS-2015
- Jyothish K John, “Detection of False Alarm in Handling of Selfish Nodes in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, IJSRD – International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 1, Issue 10, 2013 | ISSN (online): 2321-0613
- Jyothish K John, “A Literature survey on facial expression recognition using local texture based features”, International Journal of Advanced Research Trends in Engineering and Technology ,2394-3785
- Jyothish K John, “Three Tier Security Schemes In Wireless Sensor Networks With Mobile Sinks Using Grid”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 2, Issue 10, October 2013, ISSN (Print) : 2319-5940.
- Jyothish K John, “Secure Digital Image Sharing Using Diverse Image Media”, International Journal of Innovations & Advancement in Computer Science IJIACS ISSN 2347 – 8616 Volume 4, Special Issue September 2015.
- Jyothish K John, “Noise Reduction Techniques For Example Based Color Transfer: A Literature Survey” International Journal of Advanced Research Trends in Engineering and Technology (IJARTET) Vol. II, Special Issue X, March 2015 ISSN 2394-3777 (Print) ISSN 2394-3785 (Online)
- Jyothish K John, “A Survey On Image Hash Generation Techniques For Forgery Detection In Images”, International Journal of Advanced Research Trends in Engineering and Technology Vol. II, Special Issue X, March 2015 ISSN 2394-3777, ISSN 2394-3785 (Online)
- Jyothish K John, “Survey on Router Policies Providing Fairness and Service Differentiation Favoring Real-Time Data transfers”, Proceedings: Artificial Intelligence and Evolutionary Algorithms in Engineering Publisher:Springer Published on 2nd Nov 2014, chapter/10.1007/978-81-322-2126-5_15.
- Jyothish K John,” An Enhanced Router based Queuing policy providing better fairness to Real-Time data Transfers in Internet,” IEEE international conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies. Publisher: IEEE Xplore
- Jyothish K John,” A Quality of Service Based Queuing Policy Ensuring Fairness to Real-Time Data Transfers in Internet”, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, ISSN 1541955 Volume.13, No.12, pp. 9169-9174, December 2016.
- Jyothish K John,” Priority Queuing Technique Promoting Deadline Sensitive Data Transfers in Router based Heterogeneous Networks”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562, Volume 12, No. 15, pp. 4899-4903, September 2017.
- Jyothish K John, “An Initial Occupancy Based Router Policy Ensuring Better QOS for Real Time Data Transfers”, International Journal of Soft Computing, Year:2016 Volume:11Issue:3 Page No.160 – 164.
- Jyothish K John, “A Study on Workflow Execution Time Prediction’, International Journal for Innovative Research in Science & Technology, Vol:8, Issue 1,2021 page:11-15.
- Jyothish K John, “A Review of Driver Drowsiness Detection Methods”, International Journal of Novel Research and Development (www.ijnrd.org), ISSN:2456-4184, Vol.8, Issue 2, page no. a1-a6, February-2023,
- Electronic Viewfinder for Digital Camera Patent No :345383-001
RESPONSIBLITIES UNDERTAKEN & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Head of the department from 2021
- AWS certified Cloud Practitioner from January 2021
- Resource Person for FDP on ‘Web Application Development and Deployment in Cloud’ conducted in FISAT 29 Aug -2nd Sep 2022.
- Resource Person for FDP ‘Distributed Systems held in SNGCE on 30th Jan – 1st Feb 2023.
- Resource Person for in-house Internship 2017-21 batch May 2019
- Resource Person for Workshop on NS-2 in ICEFOSS ’11 on 26th Aug 2011
- Resource Person for Workshop on NS-2 in colloquium on Network Security Simulation in MEA, Perintelmanna 26th March 2012
- College Union Staff In-charge for 11 Years
- NAAC and NBA Criteria Convenor
- Staff Editor for Department News Letter for 7 Volumes
- General Convenor for Inter College Arts Fest for 3 years.
- ‘Single Point of Contact’ for Smart India Hackathon 2017 and 2018
- General Chair for IEEE International Conference 2023, Programme Chair for 2020
- Session Chair for 3 International Conference and 2 National Conference
- Reviewer for 4 International Conferences.
- Organiser of 5 National Free Software Conferences in the Institution
- Department placement representative from 2015-2021
- Conducted Several Workshops and FDPs, in Association with IITB and MHRD.
- Served as Exam Cell Convenor.
- Secured NPTEL certification for ‘Computer Networks and Internet Protocols’
- Awarded Ph.D. in “QoS in Networks”
- Electronic Viewfinder for Digital Camera Patent No :345383-001
- Doctorial Committee Member in KTU