Dr. Santhosh Kottam completed PhD in Computer Science from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore in the year 2022. He completed Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from Madras University and B.Sc Mathematics degree from M G University, Kerala. He has more than 22 years of teaching experience, which includes UG and PG. He has been serving FISAT as Assistant Professor (Senior Grade) in the Department of Computer Applications since May 2008. Dr. Santhosh was the Head of the Department of Computer Applications from 2012 to 2021.He has also served as Faculty at Nirmala College, Muvattupuzha and Santhigiri College, Thodupuzha.
At FISAT, he is also holding the charge of MCA admission Co-ordinator since 2009. All Communications and operations in connection with MCA admission-LBS, ASC, University, AICTE and DTE- is efficiently handled by Dr. Santhosh. He is presently acting as MCA placement Co-ordinator and played a major role in improving placement records of MCA students since 2012. He is actively involved in many committees and monitoring the Software Cell department of FISAT. He is nominated as the Discipline Committee convenor of FISAT College since 2021. Considering his overall contributions Dr. Santhosh selected for the best teacher award of FISAT during the year 2017.
During this period of time, he has taught many subjects including Programming Languages- C, C++, Java and Python, Management Information Systems, System Analysis and Design, Operating Systems, Object Oriented Modeling and design and Data Mining. His research interests in the area is Data Mining and Soft Computing techniques. He has published research papers in the International Journals, National, and International Conferences and has been a resource person for training programs. He has convened as well as participated many FDPs, Conferences and Workshops.
 Santhosh Kottam and Varghese Paul, “Soft Set Based Approach for Mining Frequent Itemsets”, International Journal on Technical and Physical Problems of Engineering (IJTPE), ISSN 2077-3528, SCOPUS INDEXED, Issue 45, Vol. 12, No. 4, December 2020, PP. 50-56.
 Santhosh Kottam and Varghese Paul, “Soft Set Theory-A Novel Soft Computing Tool for Data Mining” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), ISSN 0973-4562, Vol. 15, Number 11, 2020, November 2020, pp. 1052-1058.
 Santhosh Kottam and Varghese Paul, “Multi- Soft Set Based Approach for Rule based Classification Using Sequential Covering Algorithm”, In 2020 Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies for High Performance Applications (ACCTHPA), ISBN 978-1-7281-6453-3, SCOPUS INDEXED, IEEE, July 2020, pp. 34-42.
 Santhosh Kottam and Varghese Paul, “Rule-Based Classification Using Multi- Soft Set Theory”, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT), ISSN: 2249 –8958, Vol. 9, Issue-3, February 2020, pp. 2269-2276.
 Santhosh Kottam and Varghese Paul, “Uncertain Data Handling in Data Mining Using Soft Set Theory”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research(IJAER), ISSN 0973-4562, Vol. 10, No.73, July 2015, pp. 65-70.
 Santhosh Kottam and Varghese Paul, “A Study on Applications of Fuzzy Set Theory in Data Mining”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER), ISSN: 2229-5518, Vol. 5, Issue 2, February 2014, pp.16-22.
- Won FISAT best teacher award in 2017.
- FISAT College Governing Body Member.
- Advisory Board Member, Department of Computer Applications, St. Kuriakose College of Management and Science, Kurumppampady, Ernakulam.
- SFAC, Kerala Project Report for Jeeva FPO Karakunnam, Kothamangalam (2020)
- Mobile Application assisting for Climate Change Study in Koduvally Block Panchyath (2021)
- Automation of Inventory Management System-FISAT (2021)
- Webinar on “Current Trends in IT Industry” organized by Department of Computer Science, Carmel College, Mala on 18/08/2021.
- Seven Day National Level Online Faculty Development Program on Outcome Based Education (OBE) organised by S.E.S College, Sreekandapuram in association with The Kerala State Higher Education Council (KSHEC)from 18th January to 25th January 2023
- Short term training course on “Advanced Tools in Software Engineering”,M A College of Engineering,Kothamangalam,18th -20th January 2022.
- AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Online Elementary FDP on “Data Sciences”,Central University of Kerala,9th -13th August 2021.
- AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Online Elementary FDP on “Data Analytics and Machine Learning Using Python”, School of InformationTechnology, Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya,12th -16th July 2021
- 5.Faculty development programme on “Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Theory and Applications”, Rajagiri School Engineering and Technology, Cochin, 1st – 5th February 2021
- 6.FDP on “Data Analytics and Machine Learning Tools- Phase II”,Amal Jothi College of Engineering,17th -22nd August 2020
- 7.Faculty development programme on “Recent Trends and Advancements in Information Technology”,FISAT,Angamaly, 27th July 2020 to 1st August 2020
- Faculty development programme on “Cyber Security”,St.Thomas College of engineering and Technology, Chengannur 9th -11th July 2020
- Faculty development programme on “Industrial revolution 4.0: Emerging Trends in Information Technology”,Sree Buddha College of Engineering, Alapuzha, 13th -17th July 2020
- Faculty development programme on “Introduction to Cloud Computing ArchitectureM A College of Engineering, Kothamangalam, 24th- 26th October 2019
- ISTE Workshop on “Introduction to Research Methodologies”,FISAT,Angamaly,25th June 2012 to 04th July 2012
NPTEL / Other Courses done:
Four Weeks Coursera Course on Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) by University of Michigan
- One day workshop on “NAAC revised Accreditation Framework”, FISAT, Angamaly, 10th July 2021
- Professional Development program on “Outcome Based Education”,FISAT, Angamaly, 5th July 2021
- Seminar on user awareness program on “NDLI and NDLI club”, NDLI club FISAT, 26th June 2021
- Two-day workshop on “Mobile Computing”, FISAT,Angamaly, 11th and 12th January 2017
- Three-day workshop on “R programming”,M A College of Engineering21st, 22nd and 23rd July 2016
- Two-day workshop on “R-Programming”,FISAT,Angamaly, 13th and 14th July 2016
- UGC sponsored Workshop on “Machine Learning Techniques for Data Mining”,MES College, Marampilly,12th and 13th January 2015
- National Workshop on “A-VIEW”,FISAT,Angamaly, 16th November 2012
- ISTE Workshop on “Aakash for Education”,FISAT,Angamaly 10th , 11th November 2012
- National Conference on “Advancements in Computer Applications”,FISAT,Angamaly, 15th, and 16th December 2011
- National Conference on “Computing and Communication G University, Kottayam, 26th, and 27th May 2011
- Workshop on “Data Mining using PASW Modeler”, Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kalady, 21st August 2009
- International Conference on “Advanced Computing & Communication Technologies for High Performance Applications”,FISAT, Angamaly, 24th – 26th September2008
- Seminar on “DSL technologies”,Santhigiri College,Thodupuzha, 18th December 2007
- Seminar on “Advances in Data Mining”,Santhigiri College,Thodupuzha,19th December 2007
- Workshop on “Effective Teaching Methodologies And strategic planning”,Nirmala College, Muvattupuzha,24th – 26th July 2002
- Reviewer of the international Conference-ICACA2021, FISAT, Angamaly.
- Chair, 6thInternational Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies for High Performance Applications (IC-ACCTHPA-2023), FISAT, Angamaly.
- Programme Chair, International Conference on Advancements in Computer Applications -ICACA2021, FISAT, July 2021
- General Convenor, International Faculty Development Programme on Recent Trends and Advancements in Information Technology in August 2020.
- Data Mining
- Soft Computing
- Soft set Theory and its applications in Data Mining
MCA Projects Guided:
1.Automated Agents with Enhanced Capabilities -QA Chatbot using RNN and LSTM
2.MyMusicShuffer – Personalized Music Recommendation System Using Collaborative Filtering
3.Feature Upgrades for Conversational Agents – Text Polarity Classification
4.ANALYZING BLOOD-BASED GENE EXPRESSION SIGNATURES TO DETECT AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER
5.An Application of Soft sets in Association rule
6.A Novel Soft Computing System for House Selection
7.An Interactive and Adaptive AI system for perception through hand-written words
8.Wood Defect Detection Using Image Processing
9.Drug Consumption Risk Analysis Using Machine Learning
10.A Novel Soft Computing Method For Rule-Based Classification
11.Image processing with microsoft azure.