Ms. Panjami completed her B-Tech in Civil Engineering from Royal College of Engineering and Technology, Akkikkavu and M-Tech in Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering from NIT Kurukshetra. She started her career as a CADD Trainee in UIT Group of Institutes, after which she has worked as an MGNREGS overseer in Chalissery grama panchayat. She has been working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at FISAT since 2016.
||August 2016 to till date
Papers presented in Conferences:
- Geotechnical Investigations in the Soil Piping Affected Land Subsidence Sites in Kasaragod District, Kerala, India” in International Conference on “Disaster Mitigation and Management for Sustainable Development and Risk Reduction Organized by NIT Trichy in Association With Indian Geotechnical Society and Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- “Identification of Dispersive Soils in the Soil Piping Affected Regions of Kerala-A Review” in 1st National conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering-2016 organized by SVNIT Surat.
- “Stabilization of Dispersive Soils Using Various Chemicals-A Review” in 1st National conference on Advances in Chemical and Environmental Engineering-2016 Organized by NIT Jalandhar.
- A total amount of 1.75 Lakhs Rupees Fund Sanctioned for the Research project on “ Mapping of Soil Piping Susceptible areas using Integrated Geophysical Approach” under the CERD Research Seed Money Scheme of Kerala Technological University in 2021.
- A total amount of 50000 Rupees Fund sanctioned for the project “ Study Of Effectiveness Of Mobile Sensors In Detecting Subsurface Cavities- A Step Towards Early Detection Of Cavities In Kerala” under the KTU CERD Students project scheme 2022.
Awards and Recognitions
- Won Best socially relevant project award for the project guided on the topic “ Geotechnical Investigation in the soil piping affected regions of Kerala” in Aavishkar 2019, conducted by Federal Institute of science and Technology , Angamaly.
- Won Best Innovative project award for the project guided on the topic “ Soil piping Detection using remote sensing” in Aavishkar 2020, conducted by Federal Institute of science and Technology , Angamaly.
- Won Best Industrial relevant project award for the project guided on the topic “ Parametric study of Mechanically stabilized earth wall using GEO 5” in Aavishkar 2021, conducted by Federal Institute of science and Technology , Angamaly
- Secured First prize in the All Kerala Project Competition “ Procomb 2020-21” for the project guided on the topic “Parametric study of Mechanically stabilized earth wall using GEO 5”.
- Awarded top performing Mentor certificate by NPTEL for successfully mentoring the online course on “ Integrated Waste Management for a smart city” during Jan-Dec 2020.
- Selected for Summer Faculty Research Development programme of IIT Delhi , June-July 2020.
Workshops or MOOC courses attended
- GIAN Course on “computational Geotechnics” by Prof Fethi Azizi( University of Plymouth, UK) conducted by NIT Warrangal.
- Course on Computational fluid Dynamics conducted by GEC Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Attended Summer Faculty Research Development Programme at IIT Delhi , June-July 2020.
- 12 Weeks Online course attended on “ Machine Learning” by Stanford University.
- Online Course attended on “ Introduction to virtual Reality” by University of London.
- Online Course attended on “ Introduction to psychology” by University of Toronto.
- NPTEL Course on Foundation Engineering by IIT Madras
Area of Interest
Soil piping and geophysical methods
B.Tech Project Guided
- “Geotechnical Investigation in the soil piping affected regions of Kerala”- Justin Varghese, Mariam Rose Joshy, Sanjay Das, Sona B K in 2019
- Soil piping detection using remote sensing- Manjima Sunil, M J Anumod, Presty Rappai, Saranya P Vinod in 2020.
- Prediction of geotechnical parameters using machine learning – Abjijith, Aiswarya Prasanth, Aslam, Jayakrishnan in 2021
- Parametric Study of Mechanically Stabilized Earth wall- Swetha Maria Charles, Nithul T C, Krishnapriya V S, Sharon Shogu in 2021.
- Detection of Subsurface cavities using Ground Penetrating Radar- Apsara S Baiju, Aleena Garvasis, Gayathri S Kumar, Gokul s in 2022
- Detection of Soil Piping using Electrical Resistivity Survey- Nanditha M, Navya K, Marvan V P, Varus S Menon in 2022.