Mrs. Soumya Simon completed her B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from College of Engineering, Perumon and M.Tech in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Industrial Drives and Control from Rajagiri School of Engineering And Technology, Kakkanad. She started her career as Lecturer in Electrical Engineering at Marian Engineering College, Kazhakoottom, Trivandrum, Kerala in 2007. Since 2008, she is working as Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering at Federal Institute of Science and Technology, Angamaly, Kerala, India. Over a period of time, she has taught many subjects including Electrical Machines, Digital Systems and Computer Organization, Electric drives and control, Electrical Power Transmission, Network Analysis, Control Systems, Basic Electrical Engineering.
Papers presented in Conferences:
- “PV Powered Soft Switched Boost Converter Using MPPT Converter”, Soumya Simon, Jani Das, IEEE International Conference on Magnetics, Machines and Drives Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally 24 to 26 July 2014 INSPEC Accession Number: 14619113, DOI: 10.1109/AICERA.2014.6908250
- “A Novel Voltage Multiplier for High Voltage/ Low Current Applications”, Shebin Rasheed, Soumya Simon, National Conference on Future Technologies in power, Control and Communication Systems, College of Engineering, Perumon, March 2016, IJAREEIE, Volume 5, Special Issue 2
- “A High Step – Up Boost Fly-Back Converter with Voltage Multiplier Module for Photovoltaic System”, Athul VS, Soumya Simon, National Conference on Advanced Computing, Communication and Electrical Systems, KMEA Engineering College, 24 to 25 March 2017, IJIRSET, Volume 6, Special Issue 6
- “Fuzzy Logic Controlled High Step – up Boost -Flyback Converter for an Efficient Photovoltaic System”, Athul V.S, Soumya Simon, International Conference on Energy, Communication, Data Analytics and Soft Computing, SKR Engineering College, Poonamallee, Tamil Nadu, 1 to 2 August 2017 SKR – IEEE -ECDS-1169
- “PI Control Strategy for a DC-DC Interleaved Boost Converter”, Amala Joy, Soumya Simon, National Conference of Emerging Technologies, MES College of Engineering and Technology, Kunnukara, 17 March 2018
Mrs. Soumya Simon is pursuing Ph.D under KTU