An institution initiated with the motto “Focus on Excellence” and the goal of being a world-class institute that strives to be a cutting-edge learning and research centre, Federal Institute of Science and Technology places a premium on excellence in all of its academic and administrative endeavors. The institution’s fully functional Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) works regularly to instill a quality culture in the institution, as well as to improve and maintain quality. The college strives to provide students with a holistic education.
The IQAC quality policy of FISAT assures that:
• rules and processes are in place to ensure quality in all elements of the institution’s academic and administrative operations;
• Teaching, learning, and evaluation processes are monitored to ensure compliance with university regulations and the achievement of the university’s vision of transforming students into globally competent, socially committed, and ethically driven professionals capable of excelling in industry, entrepreneurship, and society.
• Teaching and non-teaching staff are qualified and competent to take on the jobs entrusted to them.
• Students have access to all resources necessary for their holistic development.
• Conducts internal and external audits on a regular basis to ensure quality improvement and maintenance.
- Feedback systems are in place to collect feedback from all stakeholders and use it to enhance quality.
The quality initiatives of IQAC include
- IQAC Annual Planning
- Academic and Administrative Audits
- Preparation of institutional reports – AQAR, Annual institutional and IQAC reports
- Preparation of college calendar and handbook
- Faculty quality enhancement initiatives
- Quality enhancement programs for non teaching staff
- Activities to promote research, innovation and publication
- Participation in national rankings
- Faculty evaluation by students
- Performance appraisal of teaching and non-teaching staff
- Student performance rewards
- Extension and outreach activities
- Conduct of internal and external audits
- Preparation for NBA and NAAC accreditations
- Preparation of college and department newsletters
- Project exhibitions