DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
The MCA programme started in Federal Institute of Science and Technology (FISAT) in the year 2006. MCA Department has a team of competent and committed faculty and very good infrastructure facilities. Systematic Teaching – Learning process and other regular academic activities produced many academic achievements which include first ranks in 2010, 2012, 2015, second rank in 2015 and third rank in 2011, 2016 (MCA-two-year programme) in MG University MCA examinations and excellence results in A P J Abdual Kalam University MCA examinations from 2016 onwards.
Regular industrial visits and personality development trainings are part of the academic programme to improve the employability. Reputed MNCs have recruited many of our graduates in their campus placement drives.
View more about Department
MCA (Two Year)
- Two year Post graduate programme consisting of four semesters.
- The annual intake is 120.
- The course is approved by AICTE and affiliated to the A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala.
- Passed BCA/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree.
Passed B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics at 10+2 Level or at Graduation Level (with additional bridge Courses as per the norms of the concerned University).
- Obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination
- Must qualify entrance examination conducted by a competent authority as per the rules and regulations of APJ/AICTE/Govt.
ADMISSION GOVT./ MANAGEMENT QUOTA
Documents to be produced:
1. Mark List and Pass Certificate (wherever applicable) of Plus II / PDC/ Equivalent in original.
2. Two self-attested copies of the above Mark List and Pass Certificate.
3. SSLC/ Secondary Examination certificate in original for proof of age; with two self-attested copies.
4. Degree Certificate and Mark lists with two self-attested copies each.
5. Physical fitness certificate from a Government Medical Practitioner.
6. Transfer Certificate in original from the Institution last studied.
7. Course and conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
8. Migration certificate in original, for students who have passed degree from Universities out of Kerala.
9. Eligibility certificate from KTU, for students who have passed degree from Universities out of Kerala.
10. Admit card of Entrance Examination in original (If available).
11. Result sheet of the Entrance Examination in original (If available).
12. Four passport size & three stamp size (color) photographs.
13. True copy of Aadhaar card.
14. A candidate who is employed or is a trainee in Govt. / Quasi Govt. /Banks etc. shall, at the time of interview, produce a relieving order and a certificate of good conduct from the head of the institution where the candidate was employed.
|Sl.No||Particulars ||Amount (Rs.)|
|2||Tuition Fee per semester||25,000|
|3||Caution Deposit (Refundable)||10,000|
|4||PTA Admission & Annual Subscription for one Year||1500|
|5||University Registration, first semester examination fee (To be remitted to University)||4500|
|6||Laboratory Consumables and stationery per year||4500|
|7||Sports & Cultural activities||500|
|8||Alumni Membership fee (One time)||500|
|Total at the time of admission||46600|
*Uniform charges extra
*Tuition Fees are subjected to changes by Government/University Orders, time to time.
Fees can be paid either by Draft favouring FISAT payable at Ernakulam/Aluva or by cheque or by swiping ATM/Debit card/ Scanning QR code/UPI or by transfer to FISAT Bank Account No: 17140100001036 at Federal Bank Hormis Nagar Branch (IFSC: FDRL0001714).
Candidates will be admitted only if they possess the marks eligible for admission as per University and Govt. Norms for the qualifying examination and entrance examination.
Hostels for boys and girls are available in the campus. Separate application along with fees can be remitted at the time of admission.
HOW TO APPLY
-> Candidates can submit applications ONLINE
-> Applications should be complete in all respects. A candidate will be considered for admission, only if he/she has furnished the relevant certificates prescribed in the Prospectus, in proof of eligibility.
During the online application process, the candidate is required to fill the form online using the link given above, pay the application fees of Rs. 350 (Netbanking/Debit card/Credit card), update the marks when available, and upload the necessary documents..
Contact Phone Numbers:
9446437774 (Mr. Santhosh Kottam)
0484 – 2725272 (College Office)