Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC)
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) is a flagship initiative of Kerala Startup Mission to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among the student and academic fraternity in the educational institutions in the State of Kerala and considered as an umbrella programme that would play an instrumental role in fostering innovation culture in Academic institutions.
To create an innovation culture among Innovators by introducing them the State-of-the-art technologies and positioning the Institution as a Learning and Innovation Platform by delivering technically competent and skilled Entrepreneurs.
The purpose of the IEDCs will be to act as an aspirational platform, for the student entrepreneurs and tech savvy innovators, in skilling and sharpening their entrepreneurial skill sets. The selected innovators will be exposed to Innovation culture, emerging technologies and Business aspects with the implicit assumption that the delta will become an entrepreneur and all the other skilled talents will get high end jobs with the kind of exposure and skills they acquire
To create IEDC as an Innovation Platform and to create future founders by promoting Innovation, Technology and Business Learning among student community
- To promote an innovation driven entrepreneurship culture among the students
- To develop and promote commercially viable innovative product and solution from the students.
- To promote enterprise among budding technopreneurs and thereby creating more employment opportunities
- To bridge the gap between Industry and Academia
- To support the budding Entrepreneurs through Grants and to create an entrepreneurship flavour in the academic fraternity