The following professional function can be carried out by an instrumentation engineer.
- Dealership opportunities exist with manufacturers of automation systems and instruments.
- Programming jobs for PLCs and SCADA are plentiful for those with programming skills in automation.
- Instrument engineering design entails layout design, cable routing design, termination details, and other things.
- Commissioning tasks including cable laying, panel installation, instrument mounting, loop checking, etc.
- If a person has the necessary repair skills, they can do servicing and AMC on instruments, PLCs, drives, etc.