American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is the oldest professional society in the world. It is an international community aiding Civil Engineering professional development since 1852. The Department of Civil Engineering at FISAT has a student chapter since 2018 and received its charter in January 2020. The Chapter endeavours to actively support students’ growth as future civil engineers by organising various events like Technical Talks, Field Visits, Exhibitions, Paper Presentations, Community service and Special Projects.Around 22 technical talks, 5 field trips, 6 project exhibitions and a training workshop have been organised upto June 2021. An executive committee comprising of student officers helps function the body under the advisement of two practitioner advisors and a faculty advisor.
- Er. Johncy K Sam, P.E.,C.P.,C Eng(I), M.ASCE, AIIV, MIIE, Principal Consultant, samgroup
- Er. Mathews David, M.S.,P.E.,C.P.M.,F.I.E.,M.ASCE, Licensed Professional Engineer(USA), Chartered Engineer(India)
- Dr. Unnikartha G, Professor, Dept. of Civil Engg.
- Neeraja Nair, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Civil Engg.
Academic Year: 2021-2022
- Gokul Ajith President
- Shemin Majeed Vice President
- Atul Krishna Recording Secretary
- Yadu Krishna Correspondence Secretary
- Catherine Joby Treasurer
- Farheen Rasheed Chairperson: Publicity, Social Activities and Fundraising
- Haleema Nusrin Chairperson:Community Service and Membership