Code of Conduct – Staff
Code of conduct for staff
The following are some of the essentials of conduct expected from the members of staff/faculty of the institution.
Members of Staff/Faculty shall:
- Be punctual in attending duties and continue to enhance the quality of work/performance
- Engage classes both theory and practicals punctually and effectively
- Promote and practise all good healthy practices for the well-being of the Institute
- Impart Outcome Based Education to the fullest possible extent
- Correct assignments and laboratory records of students systematically and on time
- Be meticulous in submitting the question and marks of tests,
- Organise guest/expert lectures with academic /industry professionals
- Carry out continuous Assessment and Evaluation of students’ performance
- Attend internal and external invigilation, observer’s duty meticulously as and when directed
- Attend Faculty Development Programmes, guest lectures, workshops, industrial visits etc
- Monitor students’ academic performance and mentoring through the mentoring System
- Encourage and develop interpersonal relationship competency
- Strive to enhance team work and team efficiency skills
- Author/co-author academic books with other professionals
- Involve in Research, Consultancy and Extension activities,
- Publish papers in seminars/ conferences / conventions/ journals/magazines
- Maintain absolute integrity and devotion to duty.
- Make use the resources e-materials from digital library, authorised online journals and legitimate sites so as to improve the quality of teaching
- Prepare soft/hard copy course files, delivery sheets web materials
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the Institute and be role models to others
- Promote decency, decorum, dignity discipline among other Staff and students
- Cooperate and participate in all the activities of the Institute.
- Develop sense ownership and belongingness with the Institute.
The following are some of the activities in which the Members of Staff/Faculty shall NOT participate/indulge.
- Adopt/show any form negligence while on duty
- Engage in Share Trading any other such activities the campus of the institute
- Use the Computer Systems, Internet facilities, etc. of the Institute for purposes and/or activities which are not permissible in the campus of the Institute.
- Propagation of political religious, communal, anti-social, terrorist activities
- Discrimination of any type
- Involve/encourage in any form of malpractice during the course of discharging the duties and responsibilities
- Agree to, promote or encourage any type of wrong practices during examinations,
- Leaving the campus without permission of the authorities, before the stipulated day end time.
- Undertake private assignments whether remunerative or not
- Enter into any financial transactions with any stake holder of the Institute
- Cause damage to the Institute or stakeholder’s property in any form.
- Involving in immoral practices or encouraging or cooperating in such practices, in any manner
- Passing comments that invokes religious, regional, personal, racial and cultural sentiments
- Any act which is detrimental to the interest of the Institute.